Bound: The Mastered Series Author: Lorelei James | Language: English | ISBN:
B00E8OLJJA | Format: PDF
Bound: The Mastered Series Description
FIRST IN A NEW SERIESIn the new Mastered series by New York Times bestselling author Lorelei James, a woman’s desire to shatter her inhibitions leaves her unprepared for where that erotic journey will take her…. Former small-town girl Amery Hardwick is living her dream as a graphic designer in Denver, Colorado. She’s focused on building her business, which leaves little time for dating—not that she needs a romantic entanglement to fulfill her. When her friend signs up for a self-defense class as part of her recovery after an attack, Amery joins her for support. That’s where she meets
him.
Ronin Black, owner of the dojo, is so drawn to Amery that he takes over her training—in public and in private. The enigmatic Ronin pushes Amery’s boundaries from the start, and with each new tryst, Amery becomes addicted to the pleasure and to him. But when Amery senses Ronin is hiding something, she questions her total trust in him, despite the undeniable thrill of his possession….
- File Size: 1344 KB
- Print Length: 401 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0451467302
- Publisher: NAL (February 4, 2014)
- Sold by: Penguin Group (USA) LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00E8OLJJA
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
X-Ray:
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #821 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Review for Ramblings From This Chick. ramblingsfromthischick.blogspot.com
I am a huge fan of Lorelei James. I have enjoyed every single story I have ever read by her, and her sexy cowboys will always be among my top book boyfriends ever. When I saw that she had a new and completely different series coming out, I knew without a doubt that I had to read it. Bound proved to me why Lorelei James continues to by a favorite author of mine and also just how talented of a writer she is. She has a way of writing the most beautiful and scorchingly sexy books that will leave you hot and bothered.
Amery is living in Denver while running her own graphic design business. She grew up in a small town and came from a very Christian family that caused her to grow up being ashamed of anything sexual. Her relationship with her parents now is strained at best, but she has started to live her life how she wants and not how they approve. After her friend gets attacked, Amery agrees to attend some self defense classes with her but instead of being an observer, she ends up being forced to participate. There she meets the sexy and mysterious owner of the Dojo, Ronin Black. Ronin and Amery are instantly drawn to each other, and feel a pull between them like they have never felt before. Ronin and Amery begin seeing each other, and Amery quickly figures out that there is so much more to Ronin than meets the eye. He has a darkness to him and desires that she has only scratched the surface of. Amery is introduced to Ronin's world of bondage, and gives herself over to him while opening up herself like never before. But Amery still feels as though Ronin is holding himself back from her and that he is hiding things from her. Can Amery give herself completely to someone who will not do the same?
What I loved then a bit of a warning because I was seriously ticked off at the end of the book...
Pretty much--Lorelei James is amazing. She can weave an erotic romance in a way that pulls you in and has you completely captivated like no one else. And Bound was an incredible example of that talent. From page one I was all in as Amery caught the eye of one of the Masters at her self defense class and yummy, delicious, naughty things followed.
There was something about these two that I just connected with. Their relationship was great but it was them as individuals too. I'm the first to admit I am hard on my heroines. I expect more from them. So saying Amery was amazing really means something. And I loved this chick. The way she thought, how she reacted to things, how she dealt with her screw ups and how passionate she was without even realizing it. Total girl crush.
And Ronin. Ah he's a deliciously frustrating man that's incredibly powerful and deadly. He's sensual and graceful and could make ya agree to ALL sorts of naughty things without even trying. He does hold a lot of things close to the chest. Which even though he's hot as hell and all kinds of amazing could really drive a girl to pinch the snot out of him. But still love him at the same time. Yeah, I know. But he managed it.
I enjoyed watching these two together as they tried to figure out their attractions, boundaries and each other. They're an interesting pair. I loved the reactions they brought out in each other--I cracked up so many times at how they flustered each other-- and enjoyed the tension filled moments too when things weren't going so perfectly. And, damn me, the sex scenes are scorching hot throughout. So would not mind being tied up by Ronin. Nope. Not at all. It was. Just. Real nice.
Bound: The Mastered Series Preview
Link
Please Wait...