Thoughtless Author: | Language: English | ISBN:
B00A6G6T3U | Format: EPUB
Thoughtless Description
For almost two years now, Kiera's boyfriend, Denny, has been everything she's ever wanted: loving, tender, and endlessly devoted to her. When they head off to a new city to start their lives together - Denny at his dream job and Kiera at a top-notch university - everything seems perfect. Then an unforeseen obligation forces the happy couple apart.
Feeling lonely, confused, and in need of comfort, Kiera turns to an unexpected source - a local rock star named Kellan Kyle. At first, he's purely a friend she can lean on, but as her loneliness grows, so does their relationship. And then one night everything changes... and none of them will ever be the same.
- Audible Audio Edition
- Listening Length: 20 hours and 52 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Simon & Schuster Audio
- Audible.com Release Date: November 13, 2012
- Whispersync for Voice: Ready
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00A6G6T3U
Often, I read a story then dwell on it, just to see if my opinion changes (sometimes it does). Didn't happen with this one... Let me tell you why.
The story had a good premise and the writing style was great. Everyone knows, however, that characters make or break the story. In this case, I could not stand them. I tried to remove spoilers but may have missed a few. Read at your own risk!
The characters:
Keira- the narrator/heroine. I HATE HER!! She's portrayed as an innocent, shy, and sweet girl (in her own thoughts). Except from her actions, she comes across as self-centered, spoiled, and a slut. She sleeps with Denny and Kellan at any given time throughout the whole book and claims she's remorseful but never shows it. Reminds me of when Rhett tells Scarlett she's like the theif that doesn't regret that she stole but that she got caught. Keira, similarily, doesn't regret sleeping with them, just that she loves both and can't choose. I can excuse her sleeping with Kellan the first two times, but when she continues... A few times, she went straight from Kellan's bed to Denny's. Ugh! She never redeems herself. A considerate, honorable, and honest person would have let both go.
Denny- Keira's boyfriend. I liked him until the end, but thought he was too naive. I mean, you're bringing your girlfriend to a guy's house (one who's known for sleeping around) and then basically leaving her there alone. Throughout the story, we're told that they've been together for a few years and he really knows her and understands her. Denny then should have known thst Keira has massive insecuirity issues and might turn to Kellan.
Kellan- The other guy/hero of the story. He is the ONLY character that was redeemable. He was sweet, considerate, generous, understanding.
Thoughtless is going straight onto my favorites shelf!! Let me start by saying that I was extremely hesitant to read this book because it had to do with a cheating and I could not imagine how I could fall in love with a story about that. I figured if a couple's relationship started out like that, then it is utimately doomed to fail and who wants to read a depressing story? I was so very wrong!!
This book basically answers one very intriguing question: What do you do when you meet your soul mate, the love of your life, when you are in love with someone else? What would YOU do? I honestly have no idea what I would do in the situation. Especially if the man I am in a relationship with was as wonderful and as perfect as Denny. I will agree with the 'haters' of this book that Keira handles it poorly, as does Kellan bc Denny is really the brother he never had. But seriously people, if you were in this situation, could you honestly say you would handle it differently? It is one of those blow you out of the water scenarios that you have NO IDEA how to handle even if it's happening to you. Keira is naive and immature. She has tethered her entire life's happiness to Denny bc he is her perfect first love. A lot of us made that mistake as young adults. Then, as a circumstance out of their control pulls Keira and Denny apart, along comes Kellan, her soul mate whom she is completely drawn to, and she is thrown for a loop. And poor Kellan has never even come close to being in love, so how can he resist his feelings for Keira? You start off thinking their feelings are purely nothing but physical attraction, but believe me you learn it is so much more than that.
Thoughtless accurately portrays the emotional rollercoaster that you could imagine would ensue from such a complex situation.
Thoughtless Preview
Link
Please Wait...